2007-07-15

Typo?

Typo is an abbreviation used to denote a typographical error or an error in a typeset. But now it's commonly used to define all spelling mistakes. For bloggers like us, it's a common thing, though we try hard not to do such mistakes.
Look at these images closely. They were taken when the Endeavour space shuttle was taken to it's launch pad today. Look carefully at the banner. Can you see a difference between the two photos? First one says 'Go Endeavor'. But the space shuttle is named 'Endeavour' after 18th century explorer James Coock's ship HM Bark Endeavour. The mistake was noticed & was corrected as seen in the second photo, where the banner reads 'Go Endeavour'.
So typos can happen even at that level? Please bare with me if I have done any...

1 comment:

  1. A typo is a mistake we make when we type "teh" instead of "the." But when you type "They were taken when the Endeavour space shuttle was taken to it's launch pad today," you are making a grammar mistake by putting that apostrophe in "its."

    There! Now I feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend,
Please feel free to comment on my posts. They are my feedback & I love to read them even if they are not favourable to me.
Remember to put your name & your web page address (if you have one), so I know who you are.
Even 'Anonymous' comments are welcome.